I've posted this photo before , but it seemed a nice one to end with. I've come to the end of the material that I want to share he...
In memory of Dick Hibbert (1933-2010), I am posting selections from his art. He painted in oil, was an avid photographer, did watercolors, and sketched in pencil, ink, and charcoal. You can send me email by addressing it to my first name at mydruthers.com. --Chris
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
This was taken at one of the top five parks in Japan around 1969. We had been in the park for several hours and RTH was trying to get photos of these kids playing on the equipment. The teachers kept telling the kids "Don't stare at the foreigners." Finally RTH made a big production of putting away his camera gear but kept the camera around his neck under his coat. As we left they all ran down the path to wave goodbye...
This work by Richard Tudor Hibbert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2011 (150)
- small crowd (untitled photo)
- Rowboat in the Rain
- temple fountain dipping cups
- Persimmon leaves (Painting)
- Wooden staircase, side view with brooms (Photo)
- storefront (untitled charcoal sketch)
- Bangkok street food (photo)
- Silhouette with teapot (photo)
- Beached Rowboat (untitled watercolor)
- Shadows on stairsteps (photo)
- Monkey (Photo)
- Vase (w/Kanji) on Platform (Sketch)
- Bearded Old Man
- Prospect United Methodist Church
- ▼ September (14)